- Photo Gallery
- Faculty Innovation Grant Program
- Alumni Store
- Website Instructions
- Become a Member
|The Tom Wisniewski '59 Memorial Scholarship|
Description: In honor of Tom Wisniewski, a 1959 Lane Tech graduate. Established by the family in memory of their father and grandfather to honor his commitment to family and the value of hard work. With the knowledge from machine shop courses taken while at Lane, Tom Wisniewski opened his own sheet metal fabrication company in 1967. His devotion to his work proved great as T/J Fabricators, Inc. is a successful family business still today. A father of four, grandfather of 13, a man of integrity and humbleness and a Cessna pilot in his free time. His legacy does not stop there.
Scholarship Award: $5,000 per awarded recipient.
This scholarship will be awarded to two (2) graduating seniors, one male and one female.
Deadline: tentatively Friday, March 30, 2018 by 5pm
· Lane Tech student with an expected June graduation date.
· The scholarship award is based on scholastic ability, academic excellence, financial need and community/school service.
· Acceptance to an accredited trade school, community college or four-year college/university in Illinois.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
· Must be a U.S. citizen. Proof of citizenship will be required before the scholarship is awarded.
1. Essay [250-350 word maximum, length may vary]
Describe how Lane Tech has changed you as a person and how who you are as a senior differs from who you were as a freshman.